twolands

Saturday, November 26, 2005

1st day in Iceland


Well, here I am. Back in the land of Ice and Snow where the midnight sun and the hot springs blow. NB. There´s actually no Ice and snow, the midnight sun disappears around 4pm and I can´t see any hot springs out my window.
It felt very strange being on my own and actually having time to do something. I didn´t know what to do so I ended up not doing anything, really.
Went to a family party last night (I wore the clothes you told me to, Joanna ... cos you´re the boss ... even from a different country)! It was good fun to meet the whole lot in one go and there were many people there from my generation. One of my aunts said to me, "it´s great to have all the children here!" It´s been a while since anybody called me a child, at nearly 32 with a wife and two beautiful children of my own.
Today will be a sorting-and-writing-lists day and I think I´ll go and visit amma Sigga later tonight.
I love you Joanna, Jolyon and Elijah and miss you loads.
PS. our new house is beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home