twolands

Sunday, November 27, 2005

When do I get my early night?


It´s not happening. After staying up last night at a family party, I went to visit amma Sigga tonight, and that always means a late night. So, got up this morning and spoke to my lovely family that is too far away. Then me and dad had a nice chilled morning sorting out computer stuff as he is setting up an internal computer system ... I don´t know how it works either.
After a lunch of fried egg on bread and tomatoes I went to Kringlan to sort out phones and paint brochures. At the phone shop they informed me my phone was locked so they were unable to put an Icelandic SIM card in it. I´ll have to phone Orange and sort it out. Then I found that the paint shop wasn´t there any more. By the time I got to a paint shop it was 10 minutes past two and it had closed at two o´clock. Things always go so smoothly when Faffy Freysson is sorting.
I did get to the new house though which was good. Had a short walk around the village, to the dodgy shop which is actually very nice and sells all fresh veg and freshly baked bread and pastries (I bought myself a chocolate doughnut ... ha, ha, ha!!! No one can stop me ... unless the Burtons phone ... then I´ll have to stop).
The house is in good shape and not too much to do before moving in but things that we will want to do gradually (Burtons don´t call it that ... they call it faffing about!) and I met our Neighbour from Garðbraut 77, Njáll Karlsson, who was born and raised in the village and seems like a nice enough bloke, although a tad suspicious about people from Reykjavík. After having a discussion with him about how ridiculous the house prices in Reykjavík are I think he decided I was okay.
After having haddock for tea I drove my dad up to Mosfellsbær for a birthday party and I went to visit amma Sigga. We discussed everything under the sun from the morality of business folk to debating whether whales have their babies on land or in the water. I actually had to read through her Norwegian Encyclopedias to sort that one out ... and hey ... I never knew I could read Norwegian. Whales are too heavy to get back into the sea once they´re on land by the way ... not like seals. Before I knew it it was past midnight. Just then my dad phoned me (I had his mobile) and asked me to pick him up, which I did and that was my day. Now, I´m off to bed, far too late. The picture with this one is of the Jacuzzi ... just because I can. Goodnight you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home