twolands

Thursday, July 20, 2006

HI!...remember me....?!

...yes, ´tis I...Joanna journal-keeper..who has..err...been ridiculously busy to do such fun things...but now I am back-in Iceland-house hunting..again!!
Its been a strange ol´time..first we put our house on the market, expecting it to take ages to sell. therefore leaving us with llooaaddsss of time to make new plans...and then we sold our house in 2 weeks to a couple who wanted to move in before August..and suddenly we felt under even more pressure to make new plans and we were feeling all unhappy and emotional and..well, you know the rest ;-).
So here we are making those news plans, still in iceland and looking at renting a property in RVK so we can get more of a feel for this place and (hopefully) Joanna can get a job. I am persevering with that one and we have a few (expensive) houses to consider. J has regained his sparkle and its still shining now we are back in the land of the midnight sun (well, technically the land of the midnight sun is Finland but it is still light here at midnight, so we could always share the title, I guess). And E has gone back to his childminders today and had to get up at 7am!! well.actually we all did and as I told T, us Burtons are on our summer hols and we don´t do anything before 9.30 these days..the only time T will be allowed a lie-in and we had to drive to RVK ;-).
Today, I am being interviewed (again!) for an article in the intercultural centres newsletter. The next issue is focussing on education and the skills that immigrants bring to Iceland..and then don´t get to use (!)..which reminds me..I have now decided to challenge the ministry of health/board of nursing re my registration, with the assistance of a lawyer. Never one to give in quite so easily..if I´m going to stay here I may aswell make the most of all my spare time!! And I am going to meet a nurse manager in the dementia care unit at a RVK hospital today too. I have also advertised my skills in mbl as a personal care nurse or ´counsellor´.
So all keeping busy...no rest for the honorary Vikings...hope all good in the land of scorching temperatures (it was great coming home to Iceland and having to put on a jacket again!!)
Love to all family and friends far and near... from Joanna,Toti,Jolyon and Elijah xxxx :-)

2 Comments:

  • Here are some links that I believe will be interested

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 pm  

  • Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home