twolands

Saturday, March 18, 2006

how many Burton-Freysson´s does it take to build a reindeer rocking horse...?

Hello everyone and welcome to one of our more frequently written blogs..all down to Toti chaining himself to the vodafone counter, so it is claimed...I reckon its because he has plugged his other woman in and she is mithering him again, at long last..(she is called hewlett packard..funny name if you ask me but all support in the fight against faffing is welcome.)
So today we have all finally had a day at home together..Jolyon took us to the swimming pool. It is very nice but I am greatly perplexed by the lack of rooves on Icelandic swimming facilities. Elijah too was a bit baffled, especially when it started to rain. Toti reckons it is all quite normal and us anglo-saxons don´t know we are born, swimming in the warmth and under cover..hmm..Later, Jolyon and Toti squished hundreds of boxes and I unpacked another. Aside from the ones staying in the garage, we are now down to the final 3. I don´t think that ís bad going after 10days and 185 items. So our house feels more like a home-albeit one with a lot of DIY lists.
The work situation is frustrating for me at the moment..Reykjavik is just starting to set up community mental health services so I am hoping to make contact with the movers and shakers and actually influence practice. I am hoping to do some voluntary work at the intercultural centre too, but everything moves sooo slowly in Iceland and it is disconcerting to know what one could do and not always be able to create the opportunities to fulfill it. And I have to remind myself that we have only been here 4 weeks. But watch this space-I am not destined to be a housewife for too long, I sincerely hope. ...
On a travel front, we are all looking forward to friends and family visiting and ourselves returning the compliment. Jolyon had a nice chat with his friend Josh this pm..stretched out on the floor, with the phone pinned to one ear..a teenager in the house!!There was even talk of girls at one stage but I had better not go there for fear of recriminations!!...
So keep smilimg :-) folks..we miss you all, as always. Lots of love J and 3 boys xxxxxxxxxx
PS will post some photos soon and will eml all those farewell ones that I have promised everyone..however, everything has the wrong plugs on, the electrics are a bit strange and we have only one electrical adaptor-I´m sure you see my point...! xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home