twolands

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

day 2...

hello again friends and family..its the second day and Toti has gone off to work. That was hard-I really didn´t want him to go as it made me feel isolated and very alone, especially as I have no car and it is a lovely (but longish) walk into Reykjavik. Still, the Burtons braved the wind and the rain and had a blustery walk near the sea. Didn´t have to practise my language skills then.Toti and I went to the house together last night-T was very nervous and said it felt as if I was a surveyor as we walked around the house in my usual systematic way. Everything was smaller then I remember, apart from the front garden but, after having spent a few hours there, it began to feel good and the nice vibe we first felt when we viewed back in August returned. We have a busy few evenings but are on course, at present, to move at the weekend. Jolyon will visit his class tomorrow but I don´t know whether he will want to view our new home then or wait (he keeps saying he wants it to be a surprise). Elijah is struggling to stand on the wooden floors and has lost his confidence in standing so needs a bit more encouragement and a few good rugs. And yesterday I drove on the ´wrong´side of the road (in the dark and wind and rain) and that was fine-except for the fact I was driving an automatic and felt out-of-control. We are now looking for a manual, 4 wheel drive with 7 seats (to accomodate lots of visitors?!) and a high drivers seat (for dodgy backs etc). It will be good when my favourite citroen arrives in the country along with all our belongings. Its amazing what you use on a daily basis and never even think about..bye for now. Take care and love from the Anglo-saxon branch of a viking family xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home