twolands

Thursday, March 09, 2006

the IT famine continues..but hey!at least we have a kettle!

Hello one and all..as T said on the last entry, sorry for lack of communication but we are still internet-less..much to our collective annoyance. We are promised it this week?
It has been an emotionally draining 3 weeks..at times I have cried and been desperate to go ´home´, at others happy and content and at others, I have how-did-I-get-here moments?. This usually happens when I drive back from my language class, sitting in The Beast, driving towards the Garður sunset and having only understood half (if I´m lucky) of my class.
But it is reassurring to see the boys settling. J is making friends but has tended to stick with the same ones so we need to expand his social circle. E is enjoying his new friends at Huldur´s (our dagmoður/childminder) and enjoyed an impromptu visit to daddy, grandad Freyr and Amma K, at various venues in Reykjavik today. T was very stressed yesterday-in fact, his evil twin Toti took over for a short while. Thankfully he only appears once every few years so we shoved him back in the box (along with all the packaging material we are now surrounded by). And as for me? well more ups than downs this week and looking forward to getting the house sorted, settling 3 boys and getting out to the gym, work etc, etc. And emls, texts and phone calls from everyone have been fab and really helped me keep going..thankyou!
As indicated, our stuff arrived yesterday. It was a usual bizarre Freysson-Burton moment. I went to collect Eli B from the childminders, filled the car with fuel, the garage wouldn´t accept my card so I had to call T from work. At which point, the removal company rang to tell us they were on their way!And we were 30minutes drive from home, with spare room to empty etc etc etc. Stiil, we did it..and the only minor trauma so far has been the temporarily-disappeared fittings for my beloved glass dining table. They are in a box somewhere..one of 173!!!!So if you plan to visit next year sometime, we may have located them!!Everyone else will have to eat off your knees.
So, there you have it folks..an intensive update but one of many in the future. Take care everyone, in the cold and snow and -8 degrees. We had lovely sunshine yesterday..after the horizontal hailstones of 3 inches in diameter! Lots of Love, J and 3 boys xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home