twolands

Monday, October 02, 2006

''...that monday-morning feeling on a sunday night...''

...and thats never a good thing...but thats how I feel on a sunday p.m...I start to get all anxious and unsettled and I know it is because our weekend family time is coming to an end and the next day everyone will go off to their respective work, school etc and I will be at home with little to stimulate or interest..
don't get me wrong..I do have things to do, such as lesson planning and sorting things for our move but its not the same as nursing and experiencing the challenge of an unknown day..I miss caring for people and am really looking forward to getting back to work and helping look after older relatives too..my aunt was moved into residential care in the summer and my uncle is struggling without her, not to mention my grandad who celebrated his 98th birthday last week ;-). It will be good to be around and do more and feel needed..I know Toti always says to me that I am needed but it doesn't quite feel the same..?
Jolyon is much more settled now and I worry sometimes that we have made the wrong decision but then I remind myself that part of the reason he is calmer (and he has told me this) is knowing that things won't be the same forever..he is looking forward to going to wakefield independent school and is already planning what extra-curricular clubs he is going to join. He is back into his football now and regularly plays out in his shorts and football socks..despite the increasingly autumnal weather..:-0
We drove out of town yesterday and enjoyed the countryside and felt loads better for it..we have packed a lot of things into this weekend..Toti helped with my lesson on saturday and it was good..I'm getting better but will still be relieved when I have survived ny first term..I will miss everyone and it has certainly taught me alot re teaching and young people..and yes, all the positive discipline stuff that Toti talks about on his website is good both in the classroom and at home :-)
Still applying for jobs..still house-hunting..still wondering what it will be like to live in Yorkshire again after all these years..still do get anxious re return to the UK but I try to keep things in perspective...by reminding myself how nice it will be to pick up a newspaper and actually understand it!!
Stay safe and happy everyone..hopefully we will see some of you very soon..lots of love from Joanna and boys xxxx

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home