twolands

Saturday, September 09, 2006

''....what a week...''

...phew! one to remember for all the wrong reasons (except for finally getting to know about Ali's newest addition to her family of boys...congratulations!!)...
...if you read Totis blog (click on Consistently Inconsistent on the right of this page) you will know what happened with Kleopatra over the weekend..by Tuesday we had to take her to the vets as she was really struggling but despite our prayers and hopes, she died peacefully on Wednesday. It is a relief to know she is no longer struggling although she is sorely missed by all of us, including her adopted sister Joy. We buried her in Amma Siggas garden, under a tree that Toti planted as a boy, so she is in a safe place now.
This was all happening at the time that I managed to fall onto our stone path, breaking my fall (unfortunately) with my right knee. I've been largely immobile since and gave in and went to A+E yesterday (couldn't believe I actually had to pay for the privilege?!). The Dr diagnosed lots of fluid but decided against sticking needles into it and I think all his poking and prodding has helped to get the fluid moving and I feel finally on the mend..altho' J tells me its embarrassing when I limp around the shops, in his prescence ;-). T has had to keep the house and family moving and he has been my rock (an expression I've always felt is a bit cheesy before but one that describes how grateful I am, to a tee).
J and I start saturday school next week so am a tad nervous!!
EBB is happy at Huldurs and will remain so for the short-term as she isn't going to quit..hooray!He adores her and her cat called Knusi (which means 'big, tight cuddly-snuggle'!!). He has also been looking for Kleo, signing with his 'where' sign and looking for her basket and her tray..ahhh...
..so thats all the updates for now..Ts blog has been inconsistent cos hes been playing Flo Nightingale for me and I've been inconsistent cos I've been looking after poorly cats :-(
take care all..its always great to know how many of our dear friends and family read our blogs...makes it all worthwhile :-)...love from J,T,J and E xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home