twolands

Friday, August 25, 2006

''...3 easy stages to sure and certain insanity..''

1) Icelandic bureaucracy
2) Icelandic bureaucracy
3) Icelandic bureaucracy...

Its not easy going here in the land of black-and-white..sorry, that should read fire-and-ice...J and i continue to be regarded as almost-illegal aliens and most-definitely foreign ones..you can read on toti's blog the palaver with the icelandic authorities..it is getting too much and we have just about had enough..we may have kennitalas now but we are still only on the 'pending' list so if anyone actually searches for us we will still not be found..
...on a happier note, the mother tongue association stuff is really good and we all enjoyed a positive and productive board and teachers meeting yesterday. I'm really looking forward to getting on with the actual teaching but feel like I still need at least 23 years to prepare my 12 weeks programme!
..and T and I are actually going out tonight..to dance..and stay up late..no! really! we are off to see Sixties play...I have asked for a special request..please start playing before 3am!!!!
Still no phone, maybe no childminder after september, no residence permits..but hey! we still have each other :-)
Love to one and all...and please will somebody tell me if Ali has had her baby yet-the suspense is almost driving me to insanity..(oh no! I forgot..its icelandic bureaucracy thats doing that;-).
Take care and much love from J and boys (of all ages and all legal status!) xxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home