twolands

Saturday, August 18, 2007

''...keeping on, keeping on...''

...for no other reason than EB and I (and Pops) have been struck down with a nasty viral infection that is plagueing us to differring degrees. I am feeling nauseous and lacking in energy, our littlest Burton has 'spots..on cheeky belly' and my Dad has given up and gone to bed (except when EB was visiting yesterday...amazing how little ones can brighten up your day?!).
I have kept going to work..on principle really as we don't have a fantastic sickness record and I wanted to prove that I am not a lightweight where abscence comes in! I have to say, however, that since A and I have been working together our team's sickness levels have improved dramatically :-).
Speaking of which..A, not sickness...he is now winding down before going onto pastures new in deepest, darkest Calderdale.I am so going to miss his professionalism, his skills and knowledge and his humour...we have been a strong management team and I am now hoping to emulate that when we appoint by band 6 sucessor...lots of strong applicants which is reassuring but may prove challenging when it actually comes down to selection...
T has discovered that his CRB check is in its final stages and I don't know whether that's a coincidence or not but he has noticeably cheered up! He is looking forward to starting his new post, new challenge, new shift patterns and I am looking forward to him being happy and fulfilled at work again...
And our 2 Best Boys? Well, J is off to play at a football tornament today, staying at his friends tonight, home tomorrow, off to stay with another friend on Monday, home on Wednesday, off to Iceland (with us all) on Friday..,you get the picture!!
And EB is practising being a Big Boy, with potty training coming along leaps and bounds...nursery being a big help with this as he gets the prompts from those around him. He will be starting at nursery 4 days a week in September..all good preparation for moving onto school etc...
So, apart from a guitar amp under the piano and a guitar case under the dining table (they might be homeless T, but they surely don't need to set up camp in my newly decorated dining room?!), everything keeps on, keeping on, here in our transcultural and all embracing household....
Love to you all from us all...may get chance to catch up with some of you soon...J and 3 Boys xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home