twolands

Monday, November 28, 2005

Still no picture of the sofa


Sorry folks, Hallgrímur Geirsson hasn´t been in this pm so I´ve not got a picture yet ... but I´ve got something much better ... a picture of nana and grandad (who sent me to Garður with three tons of toilet rolls this morning ... I don´t know what they think I´ll be eating up there, lots of wiping bums to be done, eh!?). Had a productive morning pulling nails and screws out of the walls and getting things ready to be painted.
I went to see Jolyons school and the principal, Erla M. Sveinbjarnardóttir, is really nice. Her grandson was 8 years old when he moved from America to Garður so she knows what it´s like. She took me in to meet all Jolyons classmates-to-be and they were really nice. They think Jolyon is a really cool name and they think coming from England is really cool ... and they all speak english. I also met Jolyons teacher. Her name is Heiða Hrönn Sigfúsdóttir and is also very nice and smiley. Her e-mail address is heida@gerdaskoli.is if Jolyon wants to e-mail her any questions. The third person I met was Jónína Holm, who will be in charge of Jolyons Icelandic studies and will make sure he doesn´t fall behind. But the biggest help will be from his new friends in his class, they promised they´d take good care of you. They´ve all been practicing your name and they were competing to see who could say it best.
I also went to see my new boss, he´s nice too and it should be a good job even if I don´t get to boss people around as much. I still get to boss them around a little bit. After that I took some plokkfisk (or plucked fish, if you like) which is made from haddock, to amma Sigga. She always asks about you and my dad thinks she loves us more than she loves him, her own son ... Anyway, off to read the homework my boss gave me. I love you all so much and wish I was there.
Daddy the dude
PS. nana told me off cos I took a picture of her with her mouth full of food :-) tee hee hee ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home