twolands

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

It's good to be wanted...!


hello again..good news to start the day...today I went to the intercultural centre and agreed to work with them on helping other immigrants deal with 'culture shock' and maintaining good mental health. I am going to be offerring 1:1 sessions and running a group (on an educational-cum-support basis) and perhaps in the future running more (paid!) training courses. I am going to be in their newsletter so have to pull something together fast-I am looking forward to it and relishing a new challenge. It felt really good to have my skills recognised and valued and its a really cool place to 'work'. T also had his appraisal at work and his role is going to develop and enable him to use more of his management skills, so he feels more positive too. And J had a good day (''as hard as at Trinity!'') and E had his 10 month check (a little late) and passed with flying colours..and no injections til August!
T took annual leave and it was nice to potter around Reykjavik together-we met his Mum and we went shopping (thankyou, Kristin) and had lunch at one of the vegi cafes-it was great being able to choose what I could eat again and it was lovely!
Kristin bought me a lovely hat-I have realised that hats, gloves and rain/wind-proof suits are necessities, ralther than chosen luxuries here. The bitter northern wind has dropped (gone over to england I believe) but it is still cold and wet and snowy in the capital today.
We have new plans re a business opportunity so have more detective work to do..keep watching this space. We both still want to work for ourselves and continue to make plans. I want to do that and still work in my voluntary role and maintain my nurse registration (if I ever get it). It took one clinical psychologist 3 years to have his qualifications recognised!!
So all feeling good this p.m..the house too! Hope you are all keeping well, keeping warm and keeping in touch with each other. Lots of love from Joanna and boys xxxx
PS note the picture of our new home and my old car-very new and very nice but us honorary vikings don't drive anything with less than 32''tyres-thats much too girly!! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home