twolands

Monday, July 31, 2006

not much to say...

..except that entries may be a bit sparse this week as I am busy packing..I learnt a lot off the professionals but they seemed to do it a tad quicker than yours truly :-(. We get the keys tomorrow but move on Saturday, which is bank-holiday weekend (the only icelandic bank holiday to always be on a Monday) so we are hoping that some kind friend will still be in RVK to help us out, otherwise T and I will probably still be moving furniture by the time our lease is up in 11 months!!
Yesterday was spent packing and the boys had a lovely day with their grandparents. T is in one of his 'I-must-change-my-lifestyle-or-I-will-be-pearshaped-forever' moments and is on a health kick..which meant that he did his usual obsessional bit, came swimming with me and was almost crippled by bedtime. He is interested in joining the police or paramedics (just as he was in UK) so he is hoping to prove to himself that he can keep the fitness, in order that he could apply. I would love him to achieve his ambition as it is far more him than sitting infront of a PC so watch this space and T's own blogsite for updates.
Tomorrow I actually have a busy day as I am doing my counselling bit and then I am meeting the administator of the mother tongue society as I am going to be teaching english to 9-12 year olds (which should be fun) and then I'm off to meet the nurse who looks after the foreign nurses at the hospital to see how much the icelandic system can insult my professional background..oops! sorry, to find out the terms and conditions of this new job on the dementia ward (which doesn't seem anywhere near as much fun). The battle to be recognised and respected is ongoing....
Oh! and I forgot to say that Jackie arrives with her clan tonight so we are hoping to meet up. Don't forget folks..we may be moving to a tiny house but our big hearts are still full of love for anyone who wants to visit ;-).
Take care all..love J and boys xx
PS keep an eye on the photo album as pics of J's birthday on their way x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home