twolands

Friday, October 27, 2006

"...ever met a politician you can really trust...?"

...hmm...I can't actually think of one can you -although I'm sure Toti's grandfather was a sincere soul :-)...but if you read the entry below (a letter I received about Icelands resumption of commercial whaling) and if you read Toti's blog (which actually seems to offer facts about this abhorrent practice, rather than political sleaze) it may make it even harder to trust these people whom we hand over such power too..long live democracy? well, at least without sleazy political spin, thankyou very much....
....on a more mundane but no less emotional note (cos I am always full of positive emotion for my Best Boys) you may soon see EBB on Japanese billboards and hoardings..under the title "cutey boy photographed in Iceland!". You see, yesterday Eli B and I decided to go and walk to the very famous pond in the centre of RVK so we could feed the ducks ("quack-quack..brahh-bradhh!") ..we have bi-lingual ducks in our household I'll have you know ;-)...and as we crossed the road near the council offices, we became embroiled in a coachload of Japanese tourists heading for their next stop..EBB stood for ages just watching all these people milling around him and a very nice japanese gentleman noticed him watching everyone and absorbing the events unfolding around us and asked if he could take Elijah's photo...and there we stayed for about 10 minutes whilst the littlest Burton was very gracefully passed between a whole coachload of visitors taking his photo and being given lots and lots of cuddles and kisses!! Eli B handled himself very well (not afraid of the limelight this musician's son!) and the coach driver was very patient too!!! So another star is born in the Burton-Freysson household..but we knew that lready! :-)
On another positive note Jolyon went to see a lady yesterday to help him talk about his feelings and it clearly did him a world of good and he was very chilled and jolly for the rest of the day..he has to work on positve thinking and getting rid of bad thoughts with good ones and he will see her again after our trip to the UK. It was really good to see (and somewhat of a relief). I am glad I suggested this course of action..sometimes one just needs to talk to someone other than ones parents doesn't one?
Anyway, must be off now..if I was my gorgeous husband I would now whitter on, in the cutest terms ;-) about a possible break in blog-transmissions whilst we are vsiiting the UK..but then you, dear readers, are used to that from this side of the blogging fence...and even better, I will be seeing most of you next week so I can blog in person over girly currys and pub lunches! (sorry for the people I won't get to see :-(..hope to see you all soon?)...so blog off and have a great weekend all of you!!
lots of love and peace to you all, from Joanna,Toti,Jolyon and Elijah xxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home