twolands

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

''...two outta three ain't bad...!''

Hi everyone!
Do you remember the song with the above title, as sung by Metaloaf on Bat out of Hell? Well, I have decided that that is the soundtrack to our Yorkshire trip...and one that we won't forget as I bought his greatest hits and started to introduce Jolyon to his music (''I like Rock music Mum, not Heavy Metal''..so I guess he meets the criteira...!)
So as already divulged on Toti's blogspot we landed at 9pm Monday night and I was in deepest, darkest South Yorkshire at 9.30 the next morning for probably one of the hardest interviews I have ever done..I didn't particularly like the vibe and came away really very demoralised and convinced I wouldn't get any job, ever..so was most surprised when I was informed that I had impressed the panel anmd it was down to references etc..later, I had some treatment from Adrian that afternoon and he did some guided imagery together with my reiki and reflexology etc and it helped sooo much..thankyou Adrian :-)...so the following day (after a welcome curry with girl-friends) I went off to 2 more interviews...
...they were both in-patienty posts..something I havn't done for 10 years since becoming a CPN and I was really up for the second one..and then I went to the first one, had traumas with the IT equipment for my presentation and remained cool, calm and impressive, loved the vibe and decided I really wanted it..the second interview went well too but i don't think the job would have been as much of a challenge for me and it was a long way from where we plan to live...so here I am..clinical team leader on an acute admisison ward for older people with mental health problems..really excited and ready for the challenge..I feel that I can really use my community experience to work to enhance the in-patient journey and it will be good management experience too..ideal for my next career plan which is a community team leader in a few years time ;-)..now it is my turn to have a career and it feels great!!!!!
I met with more office girlies the following day ('hi! girls..see you at the Christmas do!') and Jolyon went to his new school and was really positive about both his new school and his current one so that is a good sign..I really liked his new school too..interestingly I was talking to his geography teacher who was talking about glaciers, volcanoes and killing whales...we have now sent 50,000 messages of protest to the Icelandic govt and many of us have received that eml with so many inaccuracies..you remember, the 'sustanable' one..we are aiming to send 100,000 messages so if you havn't already done so, go to ifaw.org.uk (the International Fund for Animal Welfare) and give your support...
Off to catch up with job stuff for T now..he had a bit of a shock when he didn't get any of his jobs but as he writes on his blog its been a good learning experience..also its snowing here and it was very strange driving down Reykjanesbraut fron the airport to RVK..didn't feel like coming home but didn't feel like being on holiday..also sad to be leaving family and friends again too..so a stange in-between time for us all at the moment, but not long until we start on our new chapter of our life-journey and I am employed...a proper nurse once again!!!!
Take care dearest friends and family
All our love from J and 3 boys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

  • Great results Joanna,thank you for the positive feedback and txt.Keep well
    Adrian xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home