twolands

Friday, April 14, 2006

The snow fell, the wind blew, the sun shone...

Hello again and welcome home to us Anglo-Saxon Vikings from our lovely break in 'Whale fjord'. As we had intended, our holiday came at the right time and it was a wonderful opportunity to relax, enjoy the countryside and spend lots of chilled time together. We stayed in a wooden summerhouse in 'real' Icelandic landscape...hot tub at our own personal disposable, the snow-capped mountains around us and the deep blue sea to the front. The view changed everyday and as each day passed Toti and I fell more in love with the place, Jolyon fell more in love with the tub and Elijah fell more in love with the dishwasher!We have all returned much, much more relaxed and sharing an even stronger feeling of togetherness.
Good Friday has been a chilled stay-at-home day..a relief after last night for we returned home from our break and were getting Eli B ready for his bath when he fell backwards from the step by the bath. T and I both caught him but it was a few minutes before we realised he had fallen onto a radiator pipe and burned himself. So a mad dash to hospital but, thankfully, nothing too serious and he is recovering well.It has not stopped him making a beeline for the dishwasher each time it was opened or crawl around on the floor with a spoon tightly clenched in each hand.
J has enjoyed playing with Johann and and I am on the 4th load of washing today..beats cleaning the kitchen tho, so thats still T's job..phew!
I have been asked to help out with a new group being run at the Intercultural centre..it is a language/social group for parents and babies, something I asked about a while ago.The editor of the newsletter saw my eml and asked for my help and I am really pleased. Still not paid work but I am really looking forward to it. I an going to have to chase up my nurse registration application..I was asked by the Board of Nursing if I would go back to Uni and train as a general nurse (?!!), in order to become recognised by the Icelandic authorities. No surprise that I refused and my case went onwards and upwards to the dept of health a while ago..
Stiil frustrated by my very poor language skills-all my group work should help with that tho..but you know what I'm like-I reckon I should be studying at Masters level after only 2 months in the country!
On a bit of a sad note..the sale on our little house in Mossley was completed yesterday. It is a relief and we had no plans to return of course but don't you always feel emotional about your very first house? We ended up selling it for a ridiculously low price (don't ask?!) but it needed some structural work doing and it really was too much of a worry and too expensive to have it done and put it back on the open market. But I shall always remember it with fondness..I moved there with my Biggest boy, fell in love with my gorgeous husband whilst living there and gave birth to the Littlest Burton in our bedroom there. Cool memories or what??..
Don't forget to click on the link on the right hand side of this page, entitled family album in order to see some photos. I will try and post some of our holiday soon.
Take care and Happy Easter dearest friends and family.
All our love from Joanna, Toti, Jolyon and Elijah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home