twolands

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

''..on the road again...'''

..but currently sitting with my feet on the ground, grabbing time for a quick blog...
So, yes, we are on the road again and seemed to have covered quite a lot of miles..Deb was here over the weekend and I showed her the Golden Circle..it is a long drive but worth it to see a different part of Iceland and Gullfoss and Geysir..it was sooo cold at the waterfall (Gullfoss) that our faces were actually painful to touch..it made me smile despite the discomfort, as it was a zillion times colder than when Erika and Derrien visited in May and Erika couldn´t stand the cold then...your face would have been a picture at -7 degrees (+the wind-chill factor!) girl ;-).
Deb then proceeded to lead me astray (well it was mutual really!) and we had a whole hour doing a really girly shop at the geyser centre and I came away with a fantastic coat..now I have been to this shop several times but am usually with small and growing people so don't get to do such luxuries..it was fab and we even managed to squeeze in seeing the famous sites too!
So Deb left for the UK on Monday and the removals guys arrived and have whizzed along with the packing as I knew they would..I have been a tad anxious re Joy but she seems to have got here bounce back today and has made friends with the new, temporary residents on Framnesvegur.She flies out to quarantine on Friday :-(.We took EBB to the house yeserday to help him understand what is happening and to let him see Joy as they are great pals and he was very upset afterwards which upset Tóti...he finishes with Huldur tomorrow too,which will be another upset and all this is making us grown-ups feel a tad guilty as we are uprooting our boys again and won't even be moving our own home in the UK... but we are a strong four-some and I know we will all be ok...
So it is a week of saying goodbyes again..I finish my teaching on Saturday, Tóti finished work yesterday, Jolyon finishes school tomorrow...and so many lovely people to miss...
..and then another new beginning...I am still awaiting a start date for my new job as the CRB lost some of my information (grrr), Tóti has 2 interviews next week and is really up for these ones so we are hoping we get a positive result and Jolyon starts his new school on Tuesday..incidentally everyone is saying how different J is now and we are sooo proud of how he has come out of the other side of all this a stronger and happier person...
Strength and happiness to you all..lots of love from Joanna and 3 boys xxxxxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home