twolands

Friday, December 08, 2006

"...I don't think we're in Reykjavik anymore, Toti...!"

Hello one and all, from near and far, from Iceland to the UK and beyond...
It's been an even more hectic fortnight than usual as we have (very casually said, I'll have you note..)... moved out of our RVK home, had the removals guys in and out again, moved to Freyr and Kristins, flew out to the UK, moved in with Grandmum and Pops, Jolyon started school, Toti got a job that he is really looking forward to, Joanna still awaiting her CRB check, Christmas do tonight with the 'girls from the office,' James' party for Jolyon tomorrow...phew! need I say anymore ;-)....
So it is a real trip down memory lane for me, as I explore the places where I grew up, went to school, kissed certain boys ;-)..together with the places that have changed almost beyond recognition..and trying desperately to familiarise my husband with his new home area, albeit with absolutely no sense of direction for one of us at least (Toti!).Its fun and it is definitely a different pace of life over here, on the right side of the Pennines and as Deb said, maybe we will find what we were looking for when we moved to Iceland, only a little closer to home.
Jolyon has settled really well into his new school in Wakefield..back in uniform (and in a duffle coat ..hands up all of you who had to wear one at school too!) and so much happier and more chilled. Toti and I also feel really positive re the whole vibe of the school and everyone is clearly part of one big family, where everyone cares for each other and everyone enjoys going to school each day. In fact, on Jolyon's first day one of the girls from year 7 realised we were new, waited for us and told us so many positives about the school that she should be employed as their head of publicity :-).
And to continue with the positives, Toti had an interview and was offerred a part-time post working with a charity which supports carers..a new challenge for him certainly and one that he is really looking forward to. In fact, he had another interview for a post in supported housing and decided he much preferred the one he has taken. The post will involve assessing carers needs in order to design a support package to meet those needs and the management of the carer support workers.He actually starts in just over a week as he can work in the office until his CRB check comes through..
...which is where I am upto..still awaitiing my own CRB check, 6 weeks after my job offer and I can't start until that comes through..I keep waiting and waiting and my new boss keeps hoping and hoping...
Which brings me to our littlest Burton..who is confused by all this upset but is doing OK. He had T and I almost in tears yesterday as he talked about Huldar and Isabella, so we are hoping to find a nice nursery for him asap so he can start to make new friends. Also, as T and I both have job offers we can now start to house-hunt seriously, as we so want to get our boys settled and happy in their new and permanent home asap.
So, off I go now to check out on those very nursery places, prior to preparing for my night out..T will be kept busy helping Father Christmas and wrapping presents..so that should keep him occupied until J and I get back from Lancs tomorrow p.m ;-)
I hope you all continue to read and enjoy my blog..looking forward to seeing you, talking with you and remembering you all..
Lots of love and festive greetings from Joanna and 3 boys xxxxxx

1 Comments:

  • get the lad a sat nav!!!!1/2 price at halfords with free fitting
    Adrian xxxxxxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home