twolands

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hello, I'm back

It's been a busy weekend here on the snowy island we call (for no apparent reason) Iceland. Couldn't go swimming in the sea 'cos the guy was poorly at home. I think he was at home shivering with the thought of getting in that water personally, but had a good day at work anyway. The project we're working on is coming together slowly but surely. I was sent down to the computer room (it was more like a computer ballroom) where they keep the main computers. They are about the size of Jolyons bed and there's loads of them. I was told to go and start the server, and I didn't really know what I was doing but went down there with another guy and got it going. Another lesson learned, eh ...
Friday night me, nana and grandad all went up to the house and prepaired it for the weekend of painting, which was handy. On Saturday I went up and then Nanna and Thor came to help so we've got some more paint on the walls. Today me, nana, grandad and Doddi are going to paint loads up there.
On Saturday evening I was going to go out for tea with my friends Árni and Svenni. As it turned out another two of my friends, which I've not seen since I moved to England in 2000 were there as well. They were the manager and guitarist from 'In Memoriam'. Apparently the drummer, Stjúni, who lives either in Indonesia or America somewhere, is also moving back. Yes, there was talk of a reunion gig ... that's right folks, you heard it here first. Hey, if Metallica can do it at 42 then surely In Memoriam can do it at 32-ish. It would only be a one off for fun. I said I wouldn't do it till I've finished moving my family into our new home. They all offered to help with the house but in honesty we've got plenty of helpers for what's left. Svenni is going to help with the door though. You folks should be the next people to see the house.
That evening I went and played a gig with Menn Ársins and it was good fun. I found that old 'I-actually-love-playing' feeling. That's one I've not had for a while.
I know you all had a busy weekend two and hope you all enjoyed it. I'm off to do some more painting here and hopefully get some good pictures of the house in the snow. I love you all.
xxx Daddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home