twolands

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Is way past your bedtime Mr. Freysson

Well ... it's 01:00 and I'm off to bed. It's been a good, busy day. Went to work early this morning (about eight o'clock) and had a good day. It's like preparing for supporting people babe. We have to have this project finished before the 'committee for the protection of personal information' (that's a mouthful) comes to audit it on the 29th Jan 06. (It's a software system that works like this: When doctors or nurses take blood samples for genetic research purposes one doesn't want the information to be connectable to the owner of the sample. So once the sample has been collected, the 'collector' inputs the data into the IPS (Identity Protection System). The system encryptes the information, giving it a unique code ... but destroying any links between it and the donor ... and sends it off to the researcher. This is the cheap explaination. I've not learned the proper one yet. My job is to test, re-test and re-re-test the software, using a procedure I was involved in developing (slightly) making sure there are no bugs and all goes as it should. I've got a week to do my bit.
Left work at four, went home and had a snack, spoke to my babes on the phone and stuff. After picking Kritján Geir up and dropping him off at nana Kristíns and grandad Freyrs´house I went to our house in Garður. I finished painting the white in the bathroom and finished painting Jolyons room. Although I might have to paint the loft again as it is a very light blue. But I can do that over the weekend. I also went to see them light the christmas tree and saw the children from the music school play a couple of songs. The place was full of kids. Stopped painting and set off back to nana and grandads at ten pm. After having a (very) late tea I went back out 'cos Sixties was playing. (they started early ... only 11:30 pm). Mainly I wanted to say hello to them but they'd already started playing when I got there so I had a drink (sprite ... not lemonade) and decided to wait till they had a break. At 12:30 they were still playing and I was shattered so I left them to it and now I'm off to bed. Won't get to Garður till 10:00 tomorrow 'cos I need to buy paint for the lounge, hallway and porch. Gummi and his son Gulli (who is 11) are coming up in the afternoon tomorrow and Árni (who was best man at the wedding ... Jolyon was best boy ...) is going to help me paint. So ... another busy day ahead ...
I miss you too Jolyon and I miss all of you. But just think ... it's only two weeks ... then we'll go and see The Chronicles of Narnia when I come home ... then when you come to Iceland ... you'll have a Star Wars room ... the coolest room in Garður. Do you think your mummy will let me paint our bedroom so it looks like food ... 'cos I love food ...!? Will you ask her for me, please? Oh ... I don´t know if your mummy told you, but I work with a robot (no not your grandad) and I´ll get to see him on monday (he works in the basement). I'm gonna see if they'll let me take pictures. xxxT
Love,
Daddy xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home