twolands

Thursday, December 08, 2005

The SDL, ISL need FLSH to operate on SMH ...!?

Every Thursday at fifteen-hundred-hours we have a departmental meeting in the Product Management department. Contain your excitement folks! I sat in on my first one today and I am clearly the one who knows least about computers (or at least the systems that they were talking about) in the room. Every other word might as well have been japanese. But this is good you see. It means that the job is more of a challenge than I thought and I've got something to sink my teeth into. Started my first proper software test today and it was nothing near as easy as I thought. I was completely lost ... it was great! I love that feeling of being completely out of my depth, I find it really motivating ... can't wait to go back to work tomorrow. My notebook from the meeting is full of question marks as well as words and phrases I need to look up.
The team itself is great. There is a christmas decoration competition in the company and someone suggested that when the judges came round to our department we should all be wearing costumes and put on a short nativity play as our decorations ... everyone thought it was a great idea and was up for it.
That said, if one more person tells me how much I look like my dad ...
Anyway, I love you all
Daddy T xxx
PS. I'll try and remember the camera to take a picture of my office ... it looks like the control room in a space ship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home