twolands

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's nice to talk

I've had such good chats with you today Joanna, they've really kept me going. Remember we spoke about the house viewing ... that went well and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's a good job you've taken on that role and not me ... I've not got a milli-centi-nano-liter of salesmanship in me. Then we had a long chat tonight and I was telling you about how lonely I felt without my wife and two boys. You made me feel so much better. And your text dotted all the i's and crossed the t's. We're half way through tomorrow. Just another two weeks till I get to see you all. I'm really sorry I missed Elijahs first tooth and it looks like I'm gonna miss him getting mobile as well. It's not fair when I live to see my family blossom and grow. That is my purpose in life. But talks like we've had today, when you sound so strong and positive, make me feel strong and positive too. (Laying all the cards on the table here ... all real men please turn away now ... this is gonna get ugly ...). I love you all so much and we shouldn't have to be this far away from each other for so long but it will make life so much easier in the long run.
Unfortunately, the gigs over the weekend have been cancelled. Not good for the wallet but good for Sváfnirs' voice as he's got a sore throat and more or less lost his voice last Saturday. He's getting better though. I'm going to sort out a website for the band (when I get the time!?) just to make some more contact with the outside world.
Anyway, got to go now. Shower and bed then back to work tomorrow. Work is still good and I'm getting into it more as I learn more. I now realise that starting with the projects I have been doing will make the actual testing of the software so much easier as I now understand the process and format I'll be working in ... 'cos I helped create it ... completely by accident. Well, somebody else created it, I just did the labour and put it together.
They're putting up the X-mas tree in Garður on Friday evening and I think I'll go up and mingle and watch the entertainment. I've not asked anyone to come with me yet, but I will. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the children from the music school do their thing. You never know ... there might be someone from Jolyons class-to-be there ... and we get hot chocolate and cookies.
Say hello to everyone and I hope Joyon had a really good time in France. I did try and ring you, Jolyon, but I had the wrong room number and I woke some french guy up early on Wednsday morning. "Oui ... oh, oui ...," he sounded very tired when he answered. I asked, "Is there a Jolyon in this room?" "no, no, no ... allo, frade muu, blah .... no ..." or something like that. Then he hung up. I did manage to say sorry but I don't think he spoke much English. Hopefully he got back to sleep though ... which is exactly what I'm going to do now.
Goodnight folks ...
Toti xxx zzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home