twolands

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A little poem about copy and paste

At work today I got to copy ... and paste :-) Seriously though, it's good to feel like I´m actually doing something. I was updating the template for a test procedure (don't ask me what that means ... I don't know yet ... and I certainly don't know what the test procedure is supposed to test ... yet!) and quite enjoyed it. Having said that, I spent far too much time on it and half way through I realised I should be copying and pasting whole tables rather than individual cells. I was so busy trying not to mess up the bit that was new to me that I forgot to pay proper attention to the bit that I know like the back of my hand. Nobody noticed though, so it's okay ... he, he, he ... ho, ho, ho ... ha, ha, ha ... uhmm ... sorry, too much deCAF ... I mean deCODE coffee.
Painting going well. I love rolling but painting edges, and especially around radiators is doing my head in ... it just takes so much time to put so little paint on so little wall ... It's got to be done though ... and ... I can have a car tomorrow (Wednesday) so I´ll go back up tomorrow evening.
Another gig with 'Menn Ársins' on Friday and possibly Saturday ... that'll be a busy weekend then, won't it?
I've also learnt something new about myself ... too much coffee (they make really good, strong coffee at deCODE, and it's free, and the supplies are endless ... ha, ha, ha ...) where was I, too much coffee makes me paranoid ... what do mean it doesn´t ... who have you been talking too ...? No, but I do get a bit edgy so I'll take it easy on the black stuff. It's not fair though. It's all well and good being a 'sensitive little flower' but a mans got to have some vices if he is to be a real man (not to mention a viking man). Otherwise he's just a girly lad and needs to be de-sissy-fied. (Have I mentioned I want to take up ballet?) I'm whittering now so I'll log off. Goodnight and I love you Jolyon (France) and Elijah and Joanna (England).
Toti (Iceland) xxx
PS Me thinks we is the most cosmopolitan-est family in the world.
PSS oops, almost forgot the above mentioned 'copy-paste' poem about my life as a test engineer (I still don't really know my proper title. My access card says employee, but we knew that much already!)

There's copy and then there is paste
and neither of these we should waste
the boss he is near
and he's rushed, so I fear
so lets finish the testing with haste

Cheap and cheerful (NB just want to note that despite the sarcasm I am thoroughly enjoying my job:-). That's a full stop and not a mole under the smiley faces mouth ... Okay, I'll stop now ... lots of love ... xxx ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home