twolands

Saturday, December 03, 2005

yippee ... we finally have paint on walls


Who da man ... whoooo daaaa maaaan ... moooo daaaa maaaan!? Finally we have paint on the walls. I only managed one coat on Jolyons bedroom and one on the spare one as the weather was getting bad and I didn´t want to be stuck in Garður tonight, cos I´ve got a gig in Hafnarfjörður ... and we need the money, oh, yes-sir-ee ... the overdraft groweth. Feels like I´ve started properly though now and Jolyons room looks so much bigger I´ve got rid of that dark blue colour.
Gonna be a busy day tomorrow ... up (fairly:-) early and straight to Gardur for the day. Then looking after Kristján Geir in the evening. I believe he´s looking forward to seeing Jolyon again. Unfortunately Hljóðriti, the company we were considering buying has been sold, but hey ... time is on our side ... The good news is that my best man, Árni Ólafsson, who worked there and was thinking of buying it with us, went with the company, so he´s still got a job.
Haraldur Hannesson, an old friend I dropped in on, told me a funny story about the priest in Garður. They knew each other as teenagers and frequented the bars in Reykjavík together. One friday evening, about 11:00pm Halli (that´s Haraldur) says to Bö (that was the priests nickname at the time ... he was not a priest at this point), "I´m ready to call it a day." Bö wasn´t and headed into Reykjavík on his own.
Halli tried ringing him the next day but couldn´t get hold of him for love nor money. It wasn´t till Sunday evening that Bö phoned him and said, "Halli, the most amazing thing in my life happened to me on Friday ... I found god." Bö had met a girl (like you do in dodgy rock clubs ...) who had taken him to a christian gathering on the Sunday morning. A month later, Bö was in bible school in America, where he met his wife, and then took the priest job in Garður shortly after coming back and finishing the priesthood and has stayed there since. Halli says he´s a lovely man.
Sif, my brothers wife, has been in touch. We´re trying to sort out getting together on the 22nd after they arrive and before I go. Hopefully that´s gonna work out ... it´s been a while.
Anyway ... must dash ... got a gig to blag my way through.
Today´s picture is of a cows bottom ...
I love you all and as always ... I miss you. More and more each day.
Daddy xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home