twolands

Friday, December 02, 2005

Washing the week away ...

Blimey! That´s all I can say about this week, is Blimey! Lets go back a few days.
On monday, I met my boss to be and everything was sorted to start the next day. Monday was a good day.
On Tuesday I started work. It was good fun, that day, great, exciting project to take on ... still no sign of my contract though or what exactly I´d get paid.
Wednesday. Started out well. Went to work, really getting into the project at hand ... and then it was time to sign the contract. What a shock! This was nothing even remotely close to what had been discussed and (I thought) verbally agreed. I went home early and set up two job interviews at other places for the next day. It´s amazing what you can do when under pressure. I really felt I´d let my family down.
Thursday. Job interviews were interesting. First one was mental health related but wouldn´t start till January. I was confident but not positive I could get that one. The second one was a great job, sound engineering and editing at a radio station. This one I was positive I could get after going through the interview. Unfortunately the pay was not enough for four of us to live on and the hours, being long shifts, were not very family friendly. What to do, eh!
Then I get another job offer. Ideal ... family friendly ... good hours and a good wage ... funny how life sometimes throws things at you at just the right time, with some help ...
Friday. Spoke to my boss at the first job and after some discussions and negotiations we didn´t reach an agreement (and my loyalty had been severly dented) so ... new and most excellent job first thing Monday morning. I can´t wait ... it all worked out. A tad stressful at times though.
And ... despite all the stress and hassle, I´m still on schedule with my work in the house. It´ll be hard grafting this weekend though, what with painting and decorating as well as gigging. Can´t complain though ... My beautiful wife (who is now officially married to a computer geek ... do you remember, Joanna, my darling, when I said I liked computers and you said, "I know, you´re strange that way", that tickled me ... as you´re just as good at computers as I am) Anyway, my wife works even harder than me with a full time job, two boys and a house to sell. Which leads me nicely into the next paragraph.
After the dust had settled and everything was sorted I went to the house and did some work, which felt great. After coming back to my parents house and having tea, I started to feel very lonely ... I miss my family so much. My two smiling boys and my lovely wife. Strange to feel like that when everything is actually going as well as one could possibly wish for. So, had a long shower to wash the week away and felt much better afterwards. Going to have an early night tonight, as I´m not going to the first companies x-mas party tonight (why not, I wonder? ... hmm ...). It´s rubbish not getting to snuggle your favorite people ... but it´s great to have so much love to come home to. One week down ... three to go ...
PS. can´t really complain cos life with my parents is easy peasy lemon squeezy and they´ve been great in all this.
Love and miss you all ... goodnight ...
Hubby and daddy Toti xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home